Check out our latest post for video stats 28 Video Stats for 2018.
Using video in various forms has almost become a staple in digital marketing tactics. Aren’t implementing video yet? Considering expanding on your video marketing in 2017?
Here are 27 statistics you should know about video marketing in 2017.
- By 2017, online video will account for 74% of all online traffic (KPCB).
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (MWP).
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video (Syndacast).
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound (Digiday).
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video (MWP).
- 54% of senior executives share work related videos with colleagues weekly(TubularInsights).
- 52% of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness (WowMakers).
- Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19% (Syndacast).
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80% (EyeView).
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle).
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful (Animoto).
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers (DMB Adobe).
- 4x as many customer would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Animoto).
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the internet (YouTube).
- 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year (HubSpot).
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds (Animoto).
- 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day (TubularInsights).
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week (WordStream).
- Snapchatters watch 10 billion videos a day (AdWeek).
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter (Bloomberg).
- 43% of marketers said they’d create more video content if there were no obstacles like time, resources, and budget (Buffer).
- Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watch across devices (ThinkWithGoogle).
- 8 out of 10, 18-to-49-year-olds watch YouTube in an average month (ThinkWithGoogle).
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Syndacast).
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (VidYard).
- 55% of people consume video content thoroughly (HubSpot).
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia).
However you might be using video, it is important to have a strategic marketing plan. The PersonaBold Marketing Platform can help you plan and manage your everyday marketing tactics.